Sunday, January 11, 2009

i luuuuvvvvvve quiapo!!

i had a lomo-crisis over the weekend.

this after my spanking new holga 120 cfn arrived fresh from hong kong friday night.

i was tinkering with the new camera and checking the net for tips and tricks, when i accidentally SAT on my holga.

i winced at the crunching sound the focus ring made as it jammed into the camera. 

ouch.

wala pang three hours ang holga, nasira na.

i searched the net anew -- this time for repair tips. found nothing.

i called up friends (hi ian!), who could only offer me words of support, and their own horror stories of cameras that went kaput.

the following morning -- my friends and i decided that quiapo was the best recourse. r. hidalgo after all is the camera haven of the country.

looking for a repair shop was a breeze -- i found this small camera repair shop whose technicians listened to my tale of woe. 

"magagawa nyo po ba?," i asked. without wasting a breath, the repair guy (bless his heart) said "madali lang to!"

two hours later, i had my camera back good as new (well, not quite, but who cares -- i have my camera back!!)

i paid a few hundred pesos for the repair job and that was it.

i also got to buy some other lomo stuff and a few rolls of film. 


thank god for quiapo!

No comments: